Welcome

Welcome to the Advocates' tour to Ethiopia website.

Here you can keep up to date with the activities of our group of advocates as we travel to Ethiopia from the 20th to the 31st of May 2009 to see the work of Compassion.Advocates are sponsors with a heart for our ministry who volunteer some of their time on an ongoing basis to promote Compassion in their churches and within their spheres of influence.

The team will spend time meeting staff and children in projects, visiting the homes of Compassion sponsored children, seeing how the country office operates and meeting formerly sponsored children. We will try to update the site each day whilst we are in Ethiopia and we hope you find it interesting. Enjoy!



Sunday 31 May 2009

Meeting my sponsored child, Anteneh


In the buildup to the trip the excitement was mounting at the prospect of meeting my sponsored child, Anteneh (which means "you are the one"). As the day approached I grew more anxious. Would I recognise him? Would he like me? Would I know what to say? I needn't have worried a bit though! As we walked scross the grass, we saw our children lined up with their project workers and I spotted him instantly! He was a beautiful boy with the cutest smile. I was grateful for the help of Joseph, our interpreter from the Compassion Ethiopia office., especially as Anteneh was so shy. I learned lots about his family circumstances, but most of all we have built up a relationship. He calls my daughters his sisters. I was able to tell him that I love him, that I am proud of him, and that God loves him too. It was special praying for him, asking God to give him big dreams in his heart, and for him to know God's love more and more. It was terribly hard saying goodbye to him when it was time to leave, but I know that this is a day that we shall both remember for ever. This is the day that the Lord has made. We have rejoiced and were glad in it!!

Lynne Farrell

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you had such a lovely day with Anteneh, Lynne. What a brilliant photo! Looks like the football was a great success!
    Thinking of you all, as ever.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete